2nd Shipshape Network Northern Hub event
Posted: Monday 20th March 2023
Event date: 27 April 2023
Windermere Jetty Museum, in conjunction with The National Museum of the Royal Navy Hartlepool and National Historic Ships UK would like to share with you the agenda for the 2nd Shipshape Network Northern Hub event.
The talks are wide ranging, covering education, conservation, fund raising, community engagement and technical developments; all brought to you from projects within the Northern Hub region.
You will enjoy plenty of networking opportunities, and three fascinating guided tours.
The full agenda for the day is as follows:
10:00 Teas and coffees
10:20 Welcome by NHS-UK – the Shipshape Network and Hub Initiative
10:35 Northern Shipshape Hub (WJM) – What is it? What does it do?
10:45 Project talks:
- Cultural Heritage Conservator apprenticeship: delivering on the job learning in the heritage sector– Emma Callaghan
- The restoration of HMS Trincomalee; how conservation of the ship has progressed 30 years on – Clare Hunt
- Friends of LV50. Engagement and Education The development of an animation and children’s books telling the tale of our vessel – Lester Sher
11:45 Comfort break
12:00 Project talks continued:
- Hull Maritime update. Site progress and restoration of the Spurn Lightship - Mike O’Connell and Simon Green
- Windermere Jetty Museum. Electric propulsion in historic vessels – Stephen Beresford.
- Wingfield Castle – Georgina Ashcroft
13:00 Lunch and networking
13:45 Break into three pre-allocated tour groups
14:00 Tours of Trincomalee, RML497 and conservation workshop
15:30 - 17:00 End of Hub event (Guests can explore museum including ‘Diving Deep exhibition’).
Please contact Peter Green, National Historic Ships for further information.
H.M.S. Trincomalee: Hartlepool Maritime Experience from Wiki. This image was taken from the Geograph project collection. See this photograph's page on the Geograph website for the photographer's contact details. The copyright on this image is owned by Ian Petticrew and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.