The following organisations and websites may also be of interest:
- Britannia Naval Research Association
- Centre for Maritime Historical Studies (University of Exeter)
- Centre for Port and Maritime History (University of Liverpool)
- Guildhall Library (Lloyd's Marine Collection & Newall Dunn Collection of Merchant Navy images and ephemera)
- Hakluyt Society
- International Commission of Maritime History (ICMH)
- International Committee of Historical Sciences
- Lloyd’s Register Foundation Heritage & Education Centre (digitised ship plans & survey reports, Register of Ships, Information Sheets)
- National Maritime Museum, Cornwall
- National Maritime Museum, Greenwich (part of Royal Museums Greenwich)
- National Waterfront Museum, Swansea
- Naval Dockyards Society
- Navy Records Society
- Nederlands Vereniging voor Zeegeschiedenis (Dutch Association for Maritime History)
- Port Towns and Urban Cultures (University of Portsmouth)
- Seafarers Hospital Society
- Society for Nautical Research
- World Ship Society
Several publishers produce journals and book series dedicated to maritime history. For further details, see the websites listed below.
- International Journal of Maritime History, edited by the International Maritime History Association.
- Journal for Maritime Research, edited by the National Maritime Museum, published by Sage.
- The Mariner’s Mirror, edited by the Society for Nautical Research, published by Taylor & Francis.
- Northern Mariner / Le Marin du Nord, edited by the Canadian Nautical Research Society / Société canadienne pour la recherche nautique.
- Tijdschrift voor Zeegeschiedenis, edited by the Nederlandse Vereniging voor Zeegeschiedenis.
- Brill Studies in Maritime History, published by Brill.
- Cambridge Oceanic Histories, published by Cambridge University Press
- Maritime History, published by Boydell & Brewer.
- Maritime Humanities, 1400-1800, published by Amsterdam University Press.
- Research in Maritime History, edited by the International Maritime History Association, published by Liverpool University Press.
- Studies in Port and Maritime History, published by Liverpool University Press.