Several publishers produce journals and book series dedicated to maritime history. For further details, see the websites listed below.
- International Journal of Maritime History, edited by the International Maritime History Association.
- Journal for Maritime Research, edited by the National Maritime Museum, published by Sage.
- The Mariner’s Mirror, edited by the Society for Nautical Research, published by Taylor & Francis.
- Northern Mariner / Le Marin du Nord, edited by the Canadian Nautical Research Society / Société canadienne pour la recherche nautique.
- Tijdschrift voor Zeegeschiedenis, edited by the Nederlandse Vereniging voor Zeegeschiedenis.
- Brill Studies in Maritime History, published by Brill.
- Cambridge Oceanic Histories, published by Cambridge University Press
- Maritime History, published by Boydell & Brewer.
- Maritime Humanities, 1400-1800, published by Amsterdam University Press.
- Research in Maritime History, edited by the International Maritime History Association, published by Liverpool University Press.
- Studies in Port and Maritime History, published by Liverpool University Press.